Sentient Body Antiflam
Temporarily out of Stock - new batch available when Josephine returns from maternity leave
Contact>> place your pre-order.
Sentient Body Antiflam is a lotion-consistency product combining 10 plant extracts in an aqueous cream base contained in a handy sized vacuum-operated pump tube.
- Arnica >> antinflammatory, analgesic, immune support, repairs tissue, speeds bruise resolution and helps with arthritis
- StJohn’s Wort >> antinflammatory, antiviral, increases circulation, calming and healing for nerve pain or damage, bruise recovery
- Peppermint >> antispasmodic, analgesic, ‘refrigerant’ (cooling to skin), increase circulation, headache, nausea, digestion, respiratory, immune refreshing, gives the cooling feel and distinctive smell
- Rosemary >> antinflammatory, analgesic, increases circulation, detox, immune support, antibacterial,
- Chamomile >> antinflammatory, antispasmodic, antineuralgic, antiseptic, headache, bronchial relaxant & teething
- Clove >> headache, immune system, teething and dental pain, circulatory & respiratory aid, antiviral, antifungal
- Marjoram >> analgesic, antispasmodic, antiseptic, diuretic, antiviral, bactericidal, expectorant, vasodilator, digestive
- Myrrh >> antinflammatory, antispasmodic, antiseptic, antifungal, circulatory tonic, expectorant, anticatarrhal
- Frankincense >> supports respiratory system and is calming
- Wintergreen >> analgesic, antispasmodic, antiarthritic, antirheumatic, antiseptic, diuretic (moves fluidy swelling)
Due to the antifungal, antimicrobial, antibacterial and antiviral actions of the ingredients this product has no preservatives and a long shelf life (2 years or longer.
Apply as often as needed, 4 x daily is good for acute pain
Feedback from clients has shown usefulness in
- Sports – apply pre and post event and for training. Increases circulation to the area of application for performance and decreases after-aches if applied after your shower/stretches (ie netball, cycling, running, gymnastics etc)
- Muscle aches
- Headaches – apply sparingly to temples and back of neck
- Stiff joints – apply overnight and cover
- OOS – reduces pain, inflammation and calms nerves
- Arthritis – apply to joint to reduce pain and inflammation
- Bruising – a particular strength of this product is very fast relief of swelling, discomfort and discolouration
- Inhalation at first sign of a cold – helps relax bronchiole tubes and its anti viral, antibacterial properties may help you fight off the bugs. Always keep eyes closed as steam will contain volatile oils which may sting.
- TMD – a good partner to our MOJO mouth appliance this antiflam applied to the jaw joint helps reduce inflammation and pain
- Foot Rub – great pick-me-up for tired feet and fatigued travellers
- Travel sickness – may help reduce nausea
- Patch test before first use – generally very well tolerated, but anyone can react to any ingredient
- Always wash hands after use
- Store in a cool dark place for best shelf life - can be kept in the fridge
- Use sparingly if you suffer from high blood pressure
- Not for internal use, or near eyes or delicate or broken skin
- Not during pregnancy, always wash hands after applying
- Do not use if you’re allergic to any ingredients
"My Antiflam has gone runny"
This can be due to warmer temperatures and does not change effectiveness.
"There are small reddish bubbles appearing on the inside of the tube"
Small amounts of St John’s Wort, a reddish oil, may separate if the product gets warm. This does not change effectiveness, it occurs because there are no artificial emulsifiers added.
"The pump mechanism isn’t working"
There is no ‘stalk’ on the pump mechanism, it works by vacuum (you’ll see the bung move up from the base indicating how much antiflam you have left). Lotion must be in contact with the base of the pump – most often failure to dispense lotion is caused by an air bubble. Place cap on, tip upside down and tap tube till bubble disappears. Pump several times in inverted position till lotion is flowing again.
What our clients say...
I’m a 49 year old bucket list Coast-to Coaster who just achieved a 2 year goal/project to complete the classic 2 day multisport race across the South Island from Kumara Beach north of Hokitika to Sumner beach in Christchurch. I used Josephine’s rub (Peppermint Blend anti-inflammatory) before and after training throughout my training to help recovery. The iconic race includes a 33 km run over the southern alps to end the first day and I used Josephine’s rub especially on my knees, before and after the leg to help ensure I could get out onto the course the next day for another 152 km. On a race like the coast-to-coast it’s critical to be prepared by training well and having the right gear I’d include Josephine’s rub in my list of compulsory gear not on the race but every time I trained which was all part of the journey to achieve my goal.
Mark, April 2014
Over the last 5 (?) years I have relied on my peppermint cream to soothe away sore muscles. At times I’ve been given or purchased other creams but none have been as effective and/or long lasting as the peppermint cream I’ve purchased from Josephine. Easy to apply, not greasy and effective longer this cream is the best.
I have used Josephine Anderson's Peppermint Cream for over 5 years now and have found it to be fantastic for sore muscles and any aches and pains. Recently my partner had a sporting injury from cricket and it proved to be more effective than Tiger Balm or Voltarin Gel. I love that it is a natural product with no chemicals, in our household it is our go to product before anything else!
Rebecca, February 2014
Thought you'd be interested to know that your antiflam worked a treat - sniffed it with eyes closed for a while, and it really cleared my sinuses and opened up my lungs.
MD, May 2014
I have had Arthritis in my right hand for some time and could not even shake hands with anyone or close my fist but since using the Antiflam cream movement in my hand is now restored. I have also used it on my knee with a dry joint with wonderful result and no longer use my walking stick and can get in and out of my car with ease.
Norm Clarke, aged 90, Nov 2002
The spikey massage ball has been working really well and I love your cream!!
Bryony 7 July 2015 (professional Violinist)
I used the antiflam over the weekend for my half marathon and had great results. I managed to get a PB in the most atrocious conditions I have ever had to run in. Naturally I am very positive now about using it in a more frequent manner as you've suggested. I have a heat pack I use regularly. Used the cream the night before and immediately afterwards – it helped with cramp avoidance and recovery.
Andre R, 22 June 2008
That cream is amazing!! The bruising has gone down so much!!!
SP, January 2015